Regina and Laura are also accompanied by professional photographer, Shaun Austin Gordon. Click here to see Shaun's first pictures from this trip.
This workshop also reveals an unexpected...
example of the Body of Christ in action. The church hosting the workshop -Iglesia Misionera Restauracién de Almas - sits in the Latino town of Laurel while most of the attendees come from tribes living in the surrounding jungle. However, the church challenged traditional Central American cultural norms by providing both room and board to these indigenous church leaders. To both groups, Christ's culture supercedes worldly practice.
Regina and Laura return to Boise, Idaho on Monday, 30 April.
- God will be glorified through His word
- Jesus’ presence will transform lives
Safety in travel (2 days for most everyone)
- Regina, Laura, and Sean from US
- Indians trekking miles
- Holy Spirit will speak directly to each one through the Word
- Clear teaching
The Indian leaders will
- Grow in confidence to lead discussions
- Share stories with unbelievers
- Teach others what they learn
The Latino church in Laurel that is hosting will have all they need in volunteers and funds:
- 30 workshop attendees
- 20 Indian leaders to house and feed
- Good communication between the 5 cultures participating
- Wisdom for coordinating future plans with several ministries
- Good health